Let’s create a DIY antiviral hand sanitizer with therapeutic grade essential oils! I’m sure you are aware that the flu, viruses and the common cold season is upon us. If you are having trouble finding Purell, or any other brands, at your local Walgreens or Rite-Aid, well guess what? You can make your own CDC.gov compliant DIY antiviral hand sanitizer with essential oils!
I love to use natural ingredients whenever possible, but to make sure we are eliminating all the harmful germs, we are going to use what the CDC recommends. Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, and if you don’t have that readily available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% parts isopropyl alcohol.
You can take this antiviral hand sanitizer with you wherever you go! Keep it in your car, in your purse or anywhere you may encounter crowds. This is also a very cost-effective option to over-the-counter hand sanitizers!
You can use a spray bottle or any squeeze type container will work. The important thing is to get at least 60% volume of any isopropyl alcohol to maximize germ-fighting potential. By adding essential oils this will not only smell amazing, but we will also have aromatherapy and all the natural health benefits! Shake up all the ingredients and you are ready to go!
*CDC.gov says to cover the entire surface of your hand and rub together until completely dry.
Recipe for DIY Hand Sanitizer Hand Wash:
- Spray bottle or squeeze container
- 3 parts- Isopropyl alcohol
- 2 parts- Aloe Vera juice- cell-regenerative, hydrates, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Frankincense- 5 drops: expectorant, relieves congestion, eases breathing, sedative, anti-anxiety, improves concentration, pain relief
- Lemongrass- 5 drops: stress-relieving, headache, and pain-relieving, helpful for insomnia, anti-anxiety, anti-depressive, promotes skin health, anti-fungal, antibacterial
- Lavender 5 drops: promotes tranquility, antibacterial, analgesic, good for topical pain, headache relief, proven to reduce crying in infants and promote sleep in infants
Shake well and apply!
Click here to get my Essential Oils Handbook so that you can get more awesome recipes.